Wednesday, March 23, 2011

making the nest

Pretty soon this kid is going to have everything he or she needs and then some. I have been saying "yes please!" to anyone who has something to give me. So far we have all major furniture covered and well on our way to piles of the cutest toys, books and clothing. My mom has even given me stuff that was mine that stayed in perfect condition. It's pretty neat to go through all my old baby clothes! This handmade outfit was mine as a baby and it is still in perfect condition!




I have decided that boy or girl, I want the room to be a blend of new and old, worn and perfect, country and comfort. I'm thinking somewhere along a log cabin theme. Teddy bears, rustic and charming. The walls are very light yellow with white trim and soon to be dark wood floors. I am working on a quilt that is navy, cream, mustard & maroon and have a matching new 100% cotton braided rug to go over the wood floors. So far the furniture is quite a mix, but I prefer that. We have a display shelf of our old childhood toys that are far from baby's reach. I don't want the room to look like a page ripped out of a baby catalog, rather it be a place that has already "rich in history" surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment