Monday, April 5, 2010

Progress!!


After a weekend of record breaking temps, we got a head start on all our spring clean up chores. I planted tons of srubs and cleaned up piles of leaves left over from the fall. Husband rented a power broom and cleaned our yard and my sisters and the compound is looking squeeky clean!! We built the platform for the rainbarrel and started making plans for the gardens this year. I am expanding the area were we grow corn and we have added elderberries to the mix this year, so we are quickly running out of usable space!!
Two years ago we purchased a composter like the one pictured above. I keep reminding myself that I need to use it as much as possible. Maybe this year I will remember not just to fill it up, but to also use the compost!! I'll be interested to see whats in there- now that the snow is gone, I can finally go check it out. Anyway, seedlings are doing great, yard is looking good and we are doing well! Happy Spring everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment