Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One day I'll have something to write about....

This has been a very odd week. I feel like I have so little to write about, because my life suddenly feels like it is without much fresh exciting things to report. Eat, sleep, work, rub belly, question can I really do this, repeat.
So much soon will be new, maybe I should enjoy this sedentary pace. I am happy and I am excited. But I am also sick of this new body already, worrying about how we will deal with ALL of this and stressing over who I am going to become. I've always wanted kids, but have never looked forward to being pregnant. It some ways it has been very different from what I expected. I have this whole new gratitude to my parents. I feel more "grown up" and less selfish. But I also feel less strong, less sexy and much more vulnerable. My confidence has been replaced by gnawing fears that other people seem to keep planting in my head.
We have been doing our best to pay off bills, save up money, going out to eat together, sleeping in and soaking up the quietness of an empty house. I think we are both ready for someone else to show up here and make life even more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment