Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer in Maine...

Its less than 2 days away from Labor Day weekend and Maine is experiencing a heat wave. Don't laugh! I'm not talking 3 days of 80 degree temps here! We've seen the 90's all week and let me tell you, this isnt right!!

Now don't get me wrong, I can deal with a little sunshine and warm weather. But when you live in Maine (most of us anyway!) you get acustom to a 2 month summer of 80 degree temps and some rain here and there. This has been nuts and yes I am complaining!

My garden is done. Looks like someone took a leaf torch to it! I had great sucess with it this year before the heat got so bad and have more produce than I know what to do with! 25 jars of pickles, 6 jars of relish, 6 large frozen bags of tomatoes sauce, 3 huge pumpkins and a summers worth of fresh veggies galore, I have had enough! Bring on the crisp apples, the fall nights, all the good stuff fall has to offer! I am ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment