Thursday, November 5, 2009

the creation of a compound......and a blog

I have a facination with Maine. I love almost everything about it. The snow. The people. The woods. Even the tourists. But most of all I love living here.

I'm a college educated twenty something that has lived in Maine most of my life. Originally born in NH, my parents moved to Maine shortly after I was born. While most Mainers consider someone of my breed to be "from away" I consider myself a Mainer through and through! I love the lifestyle, enjoy the weather and never see myself leaving.

Today, I live in a small town in the Western Maine foothills. My husband and I own a 1880's federal style home that we share with our dog, Riley. Interestingly enough, over the summer, my sister purchased the house right next door. Disregarding the old saying "fences make good neighbors", we torn the fence down that seperated our yards the day she closed on the house. It has proved to be one of the best decisions we have ever made. We spent the entire summer cleaning up the two yards, removing hedges, planting gardens and burning brush. Now, the yards appear as one. A fence surrounds the exterior. Nestled in the center are the two houses. We've combined resources, joined forces if you will, to create the ultimate compound.

The goal of this blog is to share what we are working on, how we are saving money and just general details of our lifes here in Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment